Anti-Slavery Policy Statement
Canada Sanigel has a zero-tolerance approach to slavery & is committed to preventing acts of slavery & human trafficking from occurring within both its business & supply chain, & imposes these same high standards on its contractors, suppliers & other business partners.
Canada Sanigel is a Canadian company committed to providing the ultimate solutions in barriers protection. As such, Canada Sanigel has an extensive supply chain & procurement of goods & services & we work with a wide range of different suppliers & partners each of which will have their own subcontractors, affiliates & associate entities. Canada Sanigel is therefore connected to multiple entities (for instance China, Malaysia, Vietnam) through numerous contractual relationships.
Due Diligence Process
- Made our staff aware of the Modern Slavery Act, including its definition of slavery & human trafficking;
- Told staff what to do if they suspect a case of slavery or human trafficking;
- Contacted suppliers & partners in potentially higher risk categories to check what assurance arrangements they have in place;
- We have reviewed our procurement contracts & related documents to include prohibitions in respect of slavery & human trafficking & compliance with the legislation;
- Reviewed our whistleblowing policy;
- We have visited the factories of all our key partners as part of our own due diligence;
- The above procedures are designed to;
– Identify & assess potential risk areas in our business & supply chains
– Reduce the risk of slavery & human trafficking occurring in our business & supply chains
– Monitor potential risk areas in our business & supply chains
– Provide adequate protection for whistle-blowers
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our company’s slavery & human trafficking statement.