Important Notice: Canada Sanigel Hand Sanitizers are made from Food Grade Ethanol and NOT Industrial Grade Alcohol.
Health Canada is recalling six types of hand sanitizers sold in Canadian stores that are made with industrial-grade ethanol.
The recall, issued Saturday, advises anyone with the products in their home to stop using them immediately and consult a healthcare professional if they experience health concerns. Frequent use of these products may lead to dry skin, causing irritation or cracking.
The industrial-grade ethanol found in the products is not authorized for use in hand sanitizers and may contain impurities, Health Canada said.
The recalled products include:
- Eltraderm Hand Sanitizer – 70% Ethyl Alcohol, made by Eltraderm Limited
- Hand Sanitizer, made by Contract Packaging Distributions Inc.
- Gel 700 Hand Sanitizer, made by Nature’s Own Cosmetic Company Inc.
- Sanilabs Hand Sanitizer 70% Ethanol, made by Sanilabs Inc.
- Walker Emulsions Hand Sanitizer, made by Walker Emulsions Ltd.
- Hand Sanitizer Désinfectant pour les mains, made by Walker Emulsions Ltd.